Words From the Wise


     J.R Morrow

                             Genesee High School



One of the highlights of an Ag Teacher is watching the freshman as they file into your class the first week of school. As I start to work with these “newbie’s” I am doing more than just teaching them.  I am instantly in recruitment mode trying to see what part of FFA would this freshman like and what part of FFA would that freshman like….etc. As these students progress through your program there is no better feeling than seeing a meek freshman turn into a chapter officer by the time they are senior.

There are so many facets to FFA and if you try to include all of them at once you will burn out in a hurry. Picking one or two a year to incorporate or to concentrate on has really helped me stay focused.  I have found that making good community contacts early in my career really helped me succeed and keep my sanity when things weren’t going in the direction I planned. Our program includes classes in fabrication, greenhouse, carpentry, CnC, leadership, small engines and an aquaculture lab.




Last but not least take time for yourself and your family. Find something your truly passionate about and make time to do that one thing that makes you happy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALS Ireland Study Abroad 2018

Student Spotlight: Sydney Anderson