Midterm Preparation


Midterms are next week!
This point of the semester can be a stressful time. Here are some tips from AEE department seniors, veterans of midterm week, to help you stay on track and excel in your studies.
Campus is stunning this time of year! Make time to take a break from your studies and explore the scenery!




 Gabby Munson

Although it is in my nature to procrastinate, through my college experience I have realized that setting time aside early to commit to studying for different classes reduces much of the anxiety associated with a big midterm exam. Another habit I’ve found helpful that  decreases stress is to compile a list of questions about lecture material.  And ask them! Approach your professors during their office hours and learn more about the subject matter. The material becomes easier to remember on the test when you have had personal interaction with the instructor.


RyAnna Carter

 My advice is to find a group of people to study with, people that keep you motivated. Choose carefully, because a study session can easily slip into social hour. Make quizlets online and hold each other accountable for staying on top of work.

Dan’a Borland

Start now. Your memory will thank you. I’ve found you can retain more information with less stress the earlier you begin your studies. Also, don’t forget to stay hydrated. Drinking water can become less of a priority when all you can think about is upcoming tests and assignments. Stress makes you more susceptible to illness, so take a preventive measure against getting sick and drink plenty of water.

Maggie Elliot

My advice is to take breaks when needed, because I’ve learned that sitting in one place for too long drains my mental energy. Although watching an episode of Netflix may be a lingering temptation, I am more revitalized to return to my studies after I move around. Whether that is taking a walk (as simple as changing my study location somewhere across campus), tidying up my desk or performing other cleaning chores, these pauses never fail to bring back focus and productivity to my work.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALS Ireland Study Abroad 2018

Student Spotlight: Sydney Anderson