The Transition of FFA to College

 


Being goal oriented often means asking the question of what’s next after accomplishments. Receiving my American degree has been six years of hard work and a wonderful experience that has afforded me so many opportunities. There’s often a time of reflection and relief after you wrap up a chapter in your life. My FFA chapter has been truly amazing, and being able to finish it with such a high honor with my twin sister was so special. My parents were there to support us which made the memory even more dear to my heart. I cannot thank my hometown community, my three impactful advisors, or the Cambridge FFA Chapter enough for making this door in my life the most bittersweet to close. I will forever be an advocate for youth development organizations because of the opportunities to succeed they offer to youth. The week at the National FFA Convention continued to solidify my passion of sharing the story of agriculturalists around our nation.

I am thankful for the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences for allowing students like me to continue to improve and refine our skills, as well as fuel our passion for agriculture. As I look down the hall of my future there are many doors waiting to be opened and I know that FFA and CALS have prepared me to open those. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALS Ireland Study Abroad 2018

Student Spotlight: Sydney Anderson

Rikki Ruiz Alumna Feature